For a business today, having a Facebook page is a must.
Failure to have one can have some serious consequences for its success.
That’s why if you’re running a business and you still don’t have a page for it on Facebook then you’re being left behind by your competition. It’s not enough that you have a page too. You have to run it the right way.
One thing that you can do to make your page more efficient is to use Post Planner.
What is that and how do you use it? Good question. 🙂 If you want to know the answer then read on and in the next few minutes, you’ll learn how to use this online tool.
What is a post planner?
Post Planner is a third-party tool that can be used on a Facebook account. As the name suggests, it is primarily used for scheduling posts on social media but it can be used for other things as well. Using a tool like this will make your marketing activities a lot more efficient.
Here are some scenarios where you might want to use this tool:
- You have an upcoming event and you would like to share updates about it throughout the week.
- You have a post that you want your audience to see when they go online later on.
- You can create multiple posts in one sitting but you want them to be posted intermittently.
- There are several things that you want to share but you don’t want your audience to be flooded with your posts.
Post Planner can be a really powerful tool for your marketing efforts and learning how to use it is an important step in mastering social media.
Here are some of the Facebook functions where you can use Post Planner aside from posting updates:
- The scheduling of updates. This is probably the most important use of this tool.
- For finding ideas for posts. This is going to be a very useful tool if you are running out of fresh ideas on new posts that you can use. They have a Status Ideas engine with plenty of categories to choose from. You are sure to find something there that would match the needs of your page.
As for the features, here are some of it:
- Status Idea Engine. We have mentioned this feature already and it’s really handy for coming up with new post ideas.
- Post Queue. This is where you can set the time for the posting of the updates that you have. You can schedule a month’s worth of post with just two or three hours of using this feature.
- This is probably the most notable feature of this tool. Not only will you be able to schedule a post but with this feature, you can also set a target audience for it.
- Post Link as an Image. Pictures are always more effective when it comes to catching the attention of people. That’s the main idea behind this feature of Post Planner. With it, you can post your links and they will appear as images on your page
- RSS Feed Automation. With this tool, you can automate the posting from the RSS feed.
- Trending Content. What people are interested in on the internet can change from day to day. If you want to be successful with your marketing strategy, you have to know what people are searching for. With the Trending Content feature, you will be able to know what is the trending content on the internet based on a keyword.
- Post to the List. This feature can be handy if you are running several pages and groups that are related. With this Post Planner feature, you can get a post shared on all of the pages and groups that you are running. It can save you a lot of time.
Why should you use post planner?
Post Planner is not the only tool that can do these things for your Facebook page, but there are several reasons why you should use it.
- Post Planner is more affordable, especially for those who are managing several pages.
- Post Planner has multiple features that are really geared towards saving you a great deal of time.
- Perhaps the main reason why some people use Post Planner instead of the other tools is because it is directly accessible through Facebook. You don’t have to login to a different website in order to use it.
Now, using a tool like Post Planner is not going to solve all of your social media problems like magic. There are still some things that you need to do.
Like when an update has been posted for example, you will have to interact with it and the people who will be reacting to that post. Post Planner is not going to do that for you.
In other words, Post Planner can help speed things up, but it will not take care of running your Facebook page for you.