Placing ads on search engines can be the path you’re looking for.
No, not the path towards spiritual enlightenment, but something entirely different and equally valuable.
It’s the path towards getting more sales.
And who wouldn’t like more sales, right?
- One of the best ways to advertise your product or brand today is by setting up online ads.
- There are plenty of search engines where you can set your ads up on, but if you want to choose the best one for your needs, then you need to do a bit of research.
In the next three minutes, you will get some advice to help you choose wisely so that you can get the most out of your online ad campaigns.
Search Engine Marketing Overview
First, what is Search Engine Marketing or also known as SEM?
- These ads are otherwise known as pay per click ads and are available in different formats. These can range from small, text-based ads to product listing ads which are more visual.
- These are the ads shown on search engine pages when certain keywords are searched. This is the practice of marketing a brand using paid ads that will appear on search engine result pages.
- Advertisers bid on keywords that users may enter when searching for specific items or services. This gives the promoter the open door for their advertisements to show up along with the results for each of the searches.
- There are also product-based ads that show important information at a glance such as reviews and prices for the products.
- The great thing about search engine marketing is that it gives advertisers the opportunity to show their ads in front of already motivated customers who are ready to make a purchase the moment they look up what they want.
- There is no other advertising medium that can do this, thus making search engine marketing a very powerful way to expand your business.
How it Works
When an internet user goes online and searches for something using a specific search engine site such as Google.com, Google shows two different search results:
- Sponsored results
The organic results are the usual results you see on the left side. The sponsored ones are either on the right side of the screen or above the organic results with a yellow background. These sponsored results only appear when certain keywords are typed in the search bar.
Once the internet user decides to click on one of the sponsored ads, he or she is taken to the landing page, which may be especially designed for the sponsored ad or to the general homepage of the advertiser.
Search Engine Advertisement Usage
Today’s worldwide online populace is up to 30% of the world’s total populace (2.095 billion).
- A normal Internet client spends around sixteen hours for each month on the web. Yet, what does an internet client do with his time online?
- Research demonstrated that 21% of the time is spent on web index locales, which makes it the second prominent activity online right after social media.
The Foundation of Search Engine Marketing
Keywords are the foundation of this ingenious way of advertising. Users type in keywords into search engines to find what they are searching for. Thus, it is only reasonable that keywords are the most important basis of search engine marketing as an advertising strategy.
Since keywords are very important, you should have a good list of keywords for your ads. Before choosing the keywords to use, you should do your research as a part of your keyword management strategy.
- First, you should define the keywords that are relevant to your brand.
- These should be words that customers will likely use when searching products and services that you offer.
- One of the best ways to figure this out is by going to your website and see what words are relevant to your brand, words that embody your vision.
- It is important to use a tool (ex: Google Keywords Planner) to check which keyword phrases have high monthly searches but with low competition. This gives you better chances of ranking your keyword phrases when competing with other brands or products.
- Once you have a good set of keywords, you can now move on to choosing the best search engine for you to place your ads in.
Different Search Engine Options
1. Google AdWords
Google AdWords position sponsored postings based on various variables including:
- the CPC (offer value);
- click-through-rate (CTR);
- and quality of landing page
If your main goal is to build visibility on web search tools immediately, then Google AdWords is a crucial alternative to go on. It can place you in the top results of numerous top internet searchers inside a brief timeframe.
- Google circulates its paid advertisements to different partners, with some major sites recorded on the Search Engine Results Chart. This allows more exposure to more potential traffic activity.
- Upon setting up your AdWords campaign, you may have your ads show up in the Search Network and/or Google’s Content Network (AdSense).
- It is advantageous for you to open a Google AdWords account and try different things with how paid postings may direct people to a site, or utilize the service as a keyword research apparatus.
- Google’s self-service AdWords program charges an expense per click, notwithstanding a $5 enactment fee, but there is no minimum monthly spending.
2. Yahoo Search Marketing
If you want to gain instant visibility on search engines, then the Yahoo Search Marketing is a great choice to delve into, as it places your ads in plenty of the major search engines in no time.
- Once more, it is well justified for you to open a YSM record and try different things with paid postings.
- A record requires a $5 deposit and you set your own daily spending plan.
- By cautiously choosing targeted keywords, you can extend that cash for maybe a couple months and get quality traffic to your site.
Choose the Best Search Engine to Promote Your Website
Over all, paid online ads are viable marketing channels but they do not come for free.
- These online advertisements can surely be effective in getting traffic to your site in a short amount of time, but you should always remember to do your research before you delve into it.
- You should start small and test what works out best for you. Do not put all your eggs into one basket.
- Do not treat it as a central marketing strategy, but rather a way to gain visibility and traffic in short term.
Now that you have a better understanding of how search engine marketing works, you will now have a clearer view of the best choice to make.